Sunday, July 15, 2007

Roughin' It

We camped for a total of 24 hours and it was intense. I was thinking back to when I was a kid and how my parents would take us camping almost monthly (at least it seemed that way) and I don't remember it ever being difficult. We just showed up to the campsite, unpacked our tent, and that was it. At least that's what I thought. I didn't realize how much time and effort went into our monthly camping trips. So now that I am doing it myself I fully understand. It takes a ton of preparation and a lot of desire. You have to want to be grungy. You have to want to sleep on air mattresses. You have to want to pee in a pit toilet. And you have to want to deal with babies in the middle of the night, in a tent, with no warm water to make a bottle to shut them up so that the whole campground doesn't report you. Don't you worry...I'll be back, setting up camp soon. Despite the work, it's always a good time.



4 comments:

Paige said...

camping on the beach is the best..and that little tiny tent is adorable. I love it.

Unknown said...

wow that campsite looks sweet. I love the campground sign. It looks so clean. It looks like you are at the beach almost. Cohen was loving that graco thing. Who did you go with?

josieposie said...

we went with the Ehat's from our ward

anne said...

Cohen might have a stinky butt, but he's ohhh so cute!