Friday, July 20, 2007

Call Me Crazy

Isn't it totally lame that I have been dreaming of buying one of these things ever since; 1. I saw an infomercial for one 2. Cohen started eating cheerios and 3. Do I need another reason? This is what my life has come to. Instead of dreaming about jewelry (I don't know that I've ever done that), clothes, handbags (ditto), shoes (ditto), or the newest make-up product (ditto again), I dream about cleaning products. Who can I blame this on...my parents the neat freaks? How about thanking them instead....or at least Eric should be. Imagine how much money I have saved him. So then why was I feeling so guilty about spending $35 bucks on this? Maybe because I already have a canister vacuum, a robot vacuum, a swiffer, and of course a broom. There, I am admitting to my compulsion and can only compare it to those out there that have black heels, flats, sandals, wedges, and flip flops. I've picked my poison. I will not be winning "Best Dressed Mom" anytime soon (Em - stop nodding your head in agreement), but dammit you better believe my floors will be clean.

5 comments:

anne said...

Josie, I saw the same infomercial. We should have bought them!!! It was buy one get one free!!! I asked MIke if I could buy one, and he just laughed at me. But wait, I like shoes and clothes too... Luckily I'm cheap so I don't buy too much too often.
BUT Seriously, if you see the buy one get one free offer- let's split it. I want it bad.
Can you tell I don't feel like working today?

Paige said...

I am a sucker for infomercials..I have learned that if I watch tv late at night with my dad, every product seems like the best invention ever and we end up with his credit card out..I say splurge.

josieposie said...

Bought one at Target today, LOVE IT!

Natalie said...

They have them at Target?! Oh no! My only saving grace as far as infomercials is that I refuse to pay for shipping (no matter how cheap it is)....once they have them in stores, however, I'm a gonner!! I'll be visiting Target sometime today :)

josieposie said...

yah, the whole way the infomercial gets you is they say two for $19.99 and then shipping is like $40. so i just went to target and bought it. much easier.