Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Strawberry Picking

Today we joined the Ehat's at a local strawberry farm to pick some strawberries so that we could make jam. It was so dang hot and muggy that we only lasted one basket full. The boys were done after 10 minutes. We managed to get enough for 15 cups of jam. Way too much, but oh well. The strawberries were fresh and cheap. Only $8 for the whole basket, which weighed at least 5lbs. Next up will be raspberries when they are in season. Now I just need to make some fresh bread or biscuits so I have some good eats to smother in jam. That will be tomorrow. Yum. P.S. Ethan and Carter are the same age (within a week or so) - He looks about a year or two older doesn't he?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you find Grandma's recipe? If not, Shelley has a really good one.

Lindsey said...

Thats what I ate for dinner. Yum. Toast and strawberry freezer jam. Love it. That looks super fun, minus the heat and humidity.

josieposie said...

I was like, who is Josie...until I saw the picture! I just used the recipe on the box of the gelatin.

amy said...

what farm did you guys go to?

josieposie said...

Barthel Fruit Farm

Anonymous said...

I have decided this is one of the best inventions ever. It is on one level a diary, but a "super diary" that incorporates pictures and video. It is also a communication vehicle so that those of us far away can be part of your daily life. It allows some means of feedback through these comments. I just love it. Ed

Diane said...

I can't stand the wonderfulness of it all! KLEENEX PLEASE! Where is Cohen . . . I have boysenberries, Josie!

Unknown said...

Sweet. I'll be there next week to pick up my jar. ;)

Unknown said...

That looks so fun, you are your very own Martha Stewart, picking the fruit to make jam. Impressive.