Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Flashback to June 12, 1999

I was never one of those girls who had their wedding planned from start to finish ever since they were 11. To tell you the truth, I never really pictured myself married or married with children for that matter. I was always going to be the working woman for some reason. During my first few years at the U and in Chi Omega, I saw girls get engaged left and right (I guess had I gone to the Y, I would have seen girls getting engaged left, right, up, down, front, back and side to side). But that never made me want it or jealous that it wasn't me. Probably because I was always dating the wrong guy (insert sentimental awwwwww here). So, I decided to go on a blind date one summer night, and like they say, the rest is history.

Don't you love those poses the photographer makes you do?
The cheesier the better!

We thought we'd play 9 holes before the reception.

Anne - see if you had a blog you could post all the
embarrassing photos you have of me!
Julie - be gentle!

Ditto to Molly and Martha

So, according to those anniversary experts I should be receiving bronze or pottery for my anniversary this year. Who came up with that list of gifts? For one thing, it ends at 60. Has anyone taken into account eternity? Poor Eric, he has to deal with me for a long time.

8 comments:

Paige said...

Hey congratulations..I have to admit, I might have been jealous every week practically when a chi o would pass their candle. Thats okay, now I am being forced to be a working girl..I'll trade you..

Julie Barnes said...

Wow, those are some embarrassing pictures you got there. I'll never forget the amazing song and dance we did for the Groom's dinner, we were good. I can't believe you guys have been married 8 years now! Have a great anniversary. What have you got planned???

Unknown said...

That does NOT look like Eric!!! Remember the brunette on Baywatch?? David Charvet?? That's who he looks like!! HA!

Unknown said...

Oh! And congrats!

Diane said...

Hey you two happy people! Good thing your eternal love has not faded like your portrait in the hall! You make beautiful love and babies, well;,,, I mean you love a lot . . . never mind, your children are handsome anyway!

anne said...

SO EMBARRASSING, but SO AWESOME at the same time. Thanks, Jos. The thing is, I remember the 4 of us being so happy to put that together for you. Why? I have no idea. If you asked me now, I would refuse in 1 second flat. Anyway, happy anniversary! Eric's a good brother-in-law.

Unknown said...

Wishing, and hoping, and dreaming and dada...what the heck were we thinking. You drugged us or Eric did. I wish we had got Dean to contribute somehow to that presentation. How did I wear the bright red dress while everyone else was wearing the light pastel medley?

josieposie said...

Yah, you were all young and naive, you had no choice! LOL! Doesn't it look like I married a Spanish or Mexican guy? Eric got so tan that day. I made him cut his hair about a year later.