Saturday, June 16, 2007

Date night

Last night Eric and I went to see Oceans 13. On the way to the theater we were trying to remember when the last time we had seen a movie in the theater was, and I think we came up with February (I am not counting going to Shrek 3 with Ethan). That was the last time that the Brown's were in town. I can remember back to when we were first married in Provo and how we would see a movie every weekend. Now it's not that I am nervous about leaving my kids with a sitter, because I'm not. It's just that the options I have out here are very undesirable. The closest lds girl is just a few minutes away, but she's kind of pathetic. In her mind babysitting means...

ba·by-sit also ba·by·sit (bā'bē-sĭt')
verb
1. to sit on the couch and watch tv while kids entertain themselves
2. to avoid changing diapers at all cost, even if the thing weighs 4lbs
3. to allow the kids to trash the house and refrain from cleaning it up prior to the parents return home

Hence the reason I pay her $3-4/hr for two kids. So the other day I was on craigslist and I found a college girl who has four sisters (sweet) that wanted some babysitting work over the summer. So I send her an email. She's great! Eric was a little nerved out at the idea of finding a babysitter online, but thank goodness I did. She actually knows the true definition of babysitting and that's why I feel fine paying her more. My house was actually cleaner when I got home then when I left. NICE! Forget using young women. Plus she can actually drive herself home. BONUS! So it was good to get out of the house and not be worried about the chaos we would find when we got home.

It was a good movie. Better than Oceans 12. I like Vegas, so I appreciate the setting to be there instead of in Amsterdam or wherever that was. I'm sure more are on the way. They always leave it open-ended in case they want to make more. The ending was the funniest part. If you haven't seen it I'll just say that it actually involves Oprah. Go see it!

4 comments:

Paige said...

I didn't love #12, but I think i'll give 13 a chance. I love going to movies. Keep getting that baby sitter. I wish I lived close and you could drop the boys off...I'd love it.

Paige said...

Love the new banner on your blog...

anne said...

Happy Father's Day, Eric! I hope you had a good one. Mike and I just watched the YouTube videos...Push the BUTTON! Love them. Talk to you soon, anne

Natalie said...

love the new look! did you create it or find a template somewhere? i've been trying to find a better template for mine, but am not having much luck.