Monday, October 27, 2008

ONE MORE WEEK

I voted today! I was so thrilled to stand in line for only 5 minutes. It is expected that lines will be at least 2-3 hours long next Tuesday and there was no way I would be dealing with that. If any of the people or issues I voted for lose/don't pass it will be much easier to take knowing I didn't stand in line with two kids for 3 hours.

On to Prop 8... I did some more sign waving tonight. I have to say that people are really passionate about this issue. I got some middle fingers, plenty of heads shaking at me, thumbs down, explitives, name calling, it was brutal out there. But don't worry, I will be back for more tomorrow night.

Eric, who you all know is obsessed with everything Apple, had this to say today...

I was upset with Apple this past week for coming out publicly against Prop 8. I am writing this on a mac and am a very loyal Apple customer. Their official press release is calling Proposition 8 a "Civil Rights Issue" and I strongly disagree with that. I already fired off an e-mail to their public relations office but I wanted to share what I think is the best Prop 8 video I have seen thus far.

Civil Rights Issue?

2 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

Good for you guys! I bet that was interesting standing on the corner with signs! You would think people would be a little more courteous about it.

Kenneth said...

I agree that is the greatest video I've seen so far too. I'm excited to see what happens next week. I would have cheered for you guys if you were waving a sign at us.