Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Enough already


I think I should start a new blog that is solely for the purpose of discussing my kids colds. I could write a novel alone based on Ethan's diabetic life, but for someone with an immune suppressed disease he sure seems to be healthy. Cohen on the other hand is my doctors new best friend. He has been sick since April and I am at my wits end. First it was a double ear infection. Great. So he takes the amoxicillin with no problems and the infections go way. We head to California for two weeks where the symptoms come back and he's seen again, but the doc says he's for the most part ok. We make it back to Milwaukee where again, the symptoms return. We go to the doc and he says he's fine. UGH! We go to the doc 4 days later and bam, another ear infection. So once again, amoxicillin. Well last night the kid wakes up at 3am with a 103.5 temp and hives. Great. He's only 7 months and he's already allergic to the most commonly prescribed antibiotic. What's next....diabetes? Knock on wood a million times over.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Oh geez. I don't know what we'd do without amoxicillin. That seriously sucks! It seems like both of our second kids have their own little issues, just to remind us that they are still there. :) From birth with May we dealt with severe acid reflux, torticollis (had to go to a lot of physical therapy to get her body untwisted), ezcema, allergies, and asthma up the wazoo. Heaven help us if Diabetes is plopped onto our lists. Because I for one, will literally go insane...if I'm not there all ready, that is...
p.s. - Love the Target dollar bins.
p.p.s. - Your little garden looks awesome.

anne said...

That's the cutest polka dot butt cheek I've ever seen. Poor Cohen!

Anonymous said...

I am reduced to tears! So sorry Baby Cohen!