Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thought of the day

This morning Ethan was pitching a fit, not wanting to take a shower. He kept saying I don't want to, I will be cold when I get out, I don't want to. So, I pretty much had to throw him in the shower myself. Of course, two minutes into it he refused to get out. He was enjoying himself!..... Now I don't get to share too many heart to hearts with Ethan, considering he is four years old, but at that moment I wanted to thank him for reminding me that a shower is a lot like sex and working out, you rarely want to do it, but after about two minutes in, you're kind of ok with it. I opted not to share such motherly advice, appropriate, I think not.

3 comments:

leigh said...

my friend Juli has a "just say yes" policy (about sex). pretty good idea, i think.

renae said...

very good point.

i might add "shaving my legs" to that list of things that really aren't so bad after all.

oh, and i have a new friend that reminds me SO MUCH of you. it makes me miss you a lot! can't wait to have you back on THIS side of the country.

Zach said...

Josie- first of all I can't believe I found your blog. This is the first time I've ever looked at blogs. You are hilarious!!! This shower experience is everyday of my life a tantrum to get the kids in then a tantrum to get them out. I also agree with your comparison. Where do you live in Wisconsen(I can't even remember how to spell it, kids suck out brain cells). Are you by Green Bay? I used to live about 45 minutes away from there. Do you ever come to Utah? I would love to get together and talk about old times. Jenny McQueen Green. jennyjill3@yahoo.com
My email is jennyjill3@yahoo.com