Saturday, July 25, 2009

Orange County Fair

7 adults, 3 kids, 2 strollers, 75 degrees, a bunch of cash, we were ready. I hadn't been to the fair in a long time. At least the OC fair. Of course, we would go to the WI fair every year, so I was expecting this being only a county fair, to be on a much smaller scale than a state fair - boy was I mistaken. It was huge. I remember as a kid going to fairs with my family. The Iowa state fair was one my dad loved taking us to. Were they as expensive back then as they are today? Seriously, everything is $5-$10. I am thinking that if Arnold could set up a fair of some sorts and have all the proceeds go to the school districts then we would be set until Ethan goes to college. A $12 funnel cake? Who knew? I got my fair fix. Eric was more interested in the animals than my children. My kids don't really like animals. Probably got that from their mother.


Ethan and Ed riding the giant slide. Ethan's panicked face!

Pissed. But, he wanted to go, this was not a forced venture.

Cohen, our fearless one, loving it!

Julie's plate of fried wonders. If it weren't for that green you see in there I would have thought it was just fried batter.

Dr. Brown, what amazing oral hygiene you have!

Nope, not gonna do it.

These either....

Or this....

The ring toss. Cohen was a mess the rest of the evening after passing this game. The prize, a giant (bigger than Ethan) stuffed Scooby-Doo. He ran up to it and almost yanked it off the hook. I contemplated asking the guy how much it would be to buy, but do I really want a 4 foot Scooby-Doo for the rest of my life?

The boys, getting their drive on.

Me being the basketball lover that I am, had to get the skinny on how this game is rigged. Here you go.... an oval rim? Blasphemy.

We went to the fair mainly to support Diane. She set up a tent in the craft section of the park and was quite successful. Anyone out there need a reading? Her phone is listed here...

Cohen kept laying down on the ground, why? Tired, boredom? Who knows.

But it was a section that housed these fine things.... and if you looked closely the ground, while covered in general dirt, also had a few smashed poops laying around,

which led to him being strapped down in here the rest of the night.

I don't think he minded one bit.

5 comments:

anne said...

looks like a lot of fun. poor ethan. i'm thinking of his face on the snoopy ride right now. hahhahahah.

Cortney said...

you are a stronger woman than I... there is no way I would have been able to pass up the chocolate covered bacon. High Five JB! Looks like fun. I will talk Steven into going before it's over this year.

Diane said...

Josie, you made our venture sound so much . . . more fun than it was! I did relive some previous lives, and thanks for the ad!

Carly and Tyler said...

You didn't get a picture of the fried frog legs?? YUCK!! Funny that Eric is the one who like the animals. Makena made us go in the petting zoo twice and rode a pony and an elephant. The fair=a good time! Once a year is plenty for me :)

Dean said...

I can't believe it Pos, I am not in any of the pics for the week. I had my camera packed and I didn't even bring it to the beach, dodgers game, pool, OC fair.