Wednesday, September 3, 2008

E-man is off to school

I am so grateful that Ethan has a desire to go to school. I would dread it if he was like, say, his brother when it comes to nursery (kicking and screaming). Ethan has been waiting for this day since we moved to CA. Probably, because I didn't offer much to be desired sitting at home all summer. I'm just kidding, we didn't sit at home ALL summer, but on those days that we did I bet he was dreaming of school. The school year wouldn't be right if we didn't start off with a trip to Target. I remember growing up in Minnesota and every year my mom would take us to Target to pick out all of our stuff. It was so exciting. Here he is with his bag of supplies.
















First day outfit and even gelled hair. He's so CUTE! Diane says I'm creating a little metro kindergartner... I blame Eric.






















His church buds that are also in Kindergarten. There are 3 K classes so just one of the boys is in his specific class, but they all eat lunch and have recess together. Hopefully, they will become good friends. I think Ethan is the youngest out of the four.















Mrs. Gustafson (mrs. g.) - doesn't she just look like a K teacher? She is very nice and has a great reputation for keeping the kids in line. I am hopeful that she will be patient with Ethan - and take into consideration that his blood glucose number plays a huge roll in his behavior.

9 comments:

molly said...

Look at all of those patterned boy shorts.

Diane said...

Off our little man grandchild goes . . . out to study the world. . . I will need a cane soon. . .

Diane said...

. . . ahh, I'm scared of Mrs. G . .

Anonymous said...

Blame Eric for being the metro father, believe me, Eric's early school days were not so fancy. I still remember the striped vans, jeans with holes in the knees, and red shirt with rad across the front Eric would wear as a kid. Be grateful Ethan has some style! Good luck Ethan!

Anonymous said...

Josie,

Thanks for meeting me for dinner last year in Chicago. Temparoo is a fictitious character. I wanted to do a blog but my life is not that exciting so I decided to live my alter ego through the character named Mitchell Brave (clue #1 - MB) Eric has always called me Mitch which is where the name came from. I am hoping to drum up some visits to the site besides the row of people I work with, my wives sisters and Dean. I need more visitiors, so I thought you have friends and fans of your blog, pass the word along. It is sort of a weird blog, but my sense of humor is not normal,so dig in and get the word out..Temparoo.blogspot.com

Brisk

Rod and Kandace said...

I forget that he is Gabi's age. He was still so little when we left, I guess I figured he just stayed the same age. He is so cute. Such a big thing when they go to kindergarten. Sweet!

anne said...

I loved those trips to target. Ethan, you are the coolest kindergarten kid I know. I love you.

Amanda said...

Yours, is one cute kid, gel and all.

Big day - I feel ya. And that teacher soooo looks the part; only kindergarten teachers stand at that angle with their hands on their chest like that.

Julie Barnes said...

Yay for Ethan! I can't believe he is in Kindergarten now! He looks so cute too. Glad to see he likes my Alma Mater...haha!