Friday, March 30, 2007

No self control

None whatsoever! I go to the gym 5 days a week. I'm pretty motivated when I go, I don't walk around wasting time like some guys there. This one guy, who works at Best Buy and is like 45 years old, thinks he is the best thing ever. But he is so annoying. He walks around talking to everyone (while they are running - and listening to music) and has no clue that they are rolling their eyes and trying not to make eye contact the second he shows up. But back to me. It is true, I have no self control. Especially when it comes to cookies. Snickerdoodle, Trader Joes Chai Spice, Panera Chocolate Chip...I am a true connoisseur. And that is my problem. It is really frustrating after having gone to the gym to come home and have to have a cookie. What is my problem? I need to replace this craving with something but have yet to think of anything. I think it's an addiction of which I should seek therapy. Thus far today, cookie count stands at 1. I'm sure the tally will increase as the day goes on and the boredom ensues.

4 comments:

mandy said...

I feel your pain Jos...I'm currently go through this little muffin addiction. The donut shop has these muffins that I can't stop eating. I HAVE to have one everyday or it totally bugs me. It's to the point of obsession...I'm thinking hyponosis!!

Unknown said...

I have zero willpower whatsoever. It's pathetic. I wish I did. I don't really have a solution for you, except to have other really delicious healthy snacks around. Like.....well, I can't think of any. They don't exist. Unless you consider crispy cool sticks of celery delicious. Which I don't. Actually, those Chips Ahoy 100 calorie packs are really good, and I don't feel all that guilty eating them. Hey, they're cookies, too!! Pefect for you!

josieposie said...

Cookie count: 3

anne said...

If you go to therapy, take me with you. Maybe we can get a family rate... Yesterday, I bought a bunch of egg-filling candy for the Primary Easter Egg Hunt (which isn't until next Saturday). It was a HUGE mistake. I have single-handedly eaten an entire bag of Nestle Butterfinger Eggs. Never in a million years would I pick up/eat a Butterfinger candy bar, but when it's in little egg form, I just can't get enough. I took what's left of the candy and locked it in the Primary closet today... My only solution is not having it in the house. I have zero self control either!