Saturday, September 12, 2009

Behind

What's happened? I just saw my archive stats and couldn't believe that it's already September and I am more than 50% behind last years number.



I think my life has become both redundant and boring or else I would have much more to post about. Sad. Maybe I should just become one of those style blogs that just regurgitates pictures of things I find cute or interesting on other blogs/websites and say how I am just LOVING THESE, or ISN'T THIS PHOTOGRAPHER AMAZING, or how much I NEED A CERTAIN POTTERY BARN RUG BECAUSE IT WOULD JUST GO WITH MY FLEE MARKET FIND FROM LAST WEEKEND.... Then I would have 500 posts a year because it's so much easier to post about nothing. Why do we all visit these blogs that I speak of? All we are doing is 1. making them money and 2. making them think they are style experts. I am over it. I would much rather read about my friends new baby or a kids first day of school than someone I have never even met talk about a necklace they like and a photographer I will never hire. Ahhh, I feel better.

10 comments:

[AnnieR] said...

I love you for this.

Robyn said...

Aaaaamen.

Robyn said...

But I actually do look at your blog and think "isn't this photographer amazing?"

Sunny said...

You're awesome. I love it. And I ditto Robyn's comments - YOU are an amazing photographer. And, by the way, I'm still waiting for my lessons . . .

Amanda said...

Atta girl. Kick some blogging ass.

Katie said...

I agree completely! Besides all those blogs do is make you feel not good enough.

Jolie doesn't like any of those rides at Disneyland either.

molly said...

I agree 100% I hate that me clicking on a stupid link makes them money. Not because I don't want them to make money, but because they shouldn't be making money for someone's genius. Especially because that person who designed the new amazing thing probably is struggling to sell enough to make money. Or isn't making any money off of it because it was a craft. I am vetoing some blogs, just taking them right off the list. If it isn't in my reader I won't think I have to click on it to make it un-bold, and pay them for their idea stealing.

Martha said...

word.

anne said...

i feel better too. thank you!

Jonathan Godfrey said...

Maybe you need a vacation Jos.